What does the PTA do?
- Raises over $150,000 each year for:
- Dedicated Art and P.E. teachers
- Bilingual Office Assistant
- Enrichment activities such as field trips and performances
- Teacher grants to help with supplies
- And more! See the Budget & Program Plan
- Provides communications and information to families:
- Runs the PTA Enrichment Program to bring high-quality classes such as cooking, chess, tennis, and art to Emerson.
- Organizes free community events for all Emerson families:
- Brings parent education opportunities to the Emerson Community:
- Racial Equity Study Circles
- Speakers on various topics, which have included puberty, how to talk about race with your kids, safety, inclusion
- Lice checks twice a year
Emerson PTA Mission & Vision
The Mission of the Emerson PTA is to encourage and support a positive school experience for all children. We provide an open forum where families, teachers, administrators, and other concerned adults can discuss ways to promote quality education and encourage community involvement. We work to create a welcoming, inclusive, and inspiring school environment that encourages each child to reach his or her academic potential. We are advocates for programs and policies that support all of our children and public education. We do this by sponsoring and funding programs, recruiting and mentoring volunteers, and advocating for educational excellence in our district, state, and nation.
Emerson PTA is your voice. Join, get involved and help make a difference. This is your PTA.